søndag den 14. oktober 2012


Hello everyone :-)

Here's a little update from the States
I have now been off for 6 days Sunday-Friday, and it all went very fast!
We arrived at the airport in Miami, where it was 40 degrees and extreme humidity, we came out in some taxis and were driven to our hotel, during the trip, I was extremely fascinated by the many new impressions, we drove from the slums of Miami to the wealthy neighborhood where we in turn was overtaken by all sorts of sports, and I think it gave a good impression of how the United States is that we have the very rich and there are all the poor ones, and that's the last group I'm in U.S. to help.

Day 1 The first evening went to take a look at the night life ;-) and otherwise home to bed after a hard day.

Day 2 I ran a long walk along the beach in the morning and after a walk in the sea, so took me and some of the others at the campaign office and got to see how they're doing campaign, it was interesting to follow, but was a little disappointed with the number of volunteers but we came out and got knocked on some doors and got us a good political debate with voters.

Day 3 Went to a jog, and then relax by the pool, and then a trip out to shop because there was made no campaign the day in Miami, inscrutable reasons ..

Day 4 We were again on the move, and I talked to lady whose husband is ill with cancer, and she preface that without Obama's health care reform would not be able to pay for the man's treatment, and he would be dead today! The story made a great impression on me and motivated me even more in the fight for 4 more years of Obama!

Day 5 Clear trip's highlights so far! The meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama! We had got up early and packed our things together we had to move to Jacksonville (Florida), but by then we had to hear the president speak at the University of Miami, we got really good seats so we could see him quite tydligt, he held (as always ) a fantastic and indspirende speech in which he talked about Afghanistan, young, taxes, and the middle class, he ended this way, still when I am writing it gives me goosebumps "America I have never said this would be easy and I will promise that now, yes our way is long, but we travel together, and it lead us to a better place, we did not turn back now, we leave no one behind, we pull each other up, we get ups of our performance and we learn from our mistakes, but we always have our eyes fixt on that distant horizont, and now that good is with us, and that we are incredibly fortunate to be citizens of the greatest country on earth, thank you, God bless you and God bless the front States! " This man is amazing!

I miss you all! And look forward to seeing you again.
Did I said that I this Wednesday go to hear Obama again and then get Bruce Springsteen perform?

Regards Mathias

1 kommentar:

  1. Hey you!
    What is your impression of the people you meet and talk to about Obama? And do you have a feeling about how many who is going to vote for Obama?:-)
    See you soon :-)

    SvarSlet